3CX Conferencing Language

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by martin_k, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martin_k

Feb 29, 2016

i configured a Conferencing Server (Settings -> PBX -> Conferencing) on the Extension 7000.
    The Menu itself (Please enter Conference ID and PIN...) comes in German.
    I think thats because, in general, the system is configured in German.

Is there a possibility to make the IVR Messages of the Conferencing Server in English?
    Or even better to choose the preferred language via DMTF.

Any help is appreciated :)

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Jun 2, 2014

The Conference Server will only play the Default Language Prompt you have selected, which in your case must be German.

The way I see it there are 2 option:
    1) Change the Default Language of 3CX to English by going to Settings -> System Prompts -> Manage Promptsets, here select the prompt you want and press "Set As Current Promptset".
    This will set English as the primary language so the Conference language will be English.

2) This is a bit more complex but should give you more flexibility. Instead using a default promptset, make a custom one and use that. One way to do this would go to "Manage Promptsets" as explained in #1, make a copy of the German Promptset seeing that this is the primary language on the system, select your custom one and set it as Current. After this you can then replace any of the system prompts with other wav files. So at this point you can find all the Conference-related prompts and change their .wav files from the English wav file folder.
    The result should be a Custom Promptset that will have all German prompts, except for the conference which will have the English ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.