3CX Configuration Advice Needed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsbrown, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsbrown

Hi Guys,

We're started configuring 3CX and are massively impressed with the system.

We are operating 2 companies from one office with different phone numbers and want to use the same call system to manage call transfers between handsets. I'm hoping we can do this with 2 SIP Trunks provided by Sipgate.co.uk with different Ring Groups.

We've installed 3CX and setup 2 Siemens IP phones (2 bases) as extension 101 and 102. However we are having trouble with the call transfer between handsets. Is it possible to be on the phone and dial * which places the call on hold/park, then an internal extension e.g. 101 or 102, have a chat with the person then press * to put the call through to them?

Also, as we are operating 2 companies and therefore 2 sip trunks is it possible to create 2 Digital Receptionists with different recordings per trunk? E.g. calling company 1 number puts through to 1 voice and calling company 2 number has a different voice.

Appreciate your help! ;)

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

Most of what you are asking is possible, but might take some work to configure properly. let me answer what I can for you.

1. Yes you can create as many DR's as you want with different msg's for incoming numbers.
    2. Transfering is possible via handsets but your handsets are not supported so I can't help you there as I haven't used them before, possibly others can. However using just * to transfer won't be possible as you want to use only * for pickup and park this won't work. You need to use either parking orbits 0-9 or shard parking 0-9. Both are easily setup if you used a supported phone from http://www.3cx.com/blog/support

Search http://www.3cx.com/blog as we have many posts on setting up phones and other tips that might help your configuration out.
    Thanks,

Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

1. Sipgate are not by far the best out their for DDI support with 3CX and the call charges are not the best around on the market.

2. Assuming you are using Gigaset you can transfer calls by using the R Key

Example

Upon an incoming call that you have just answered, press the menu button, and select internal, select the handset that you wish to transfer to, once the other staff have picked up your call, announce the caller and then press the R key on your phone. The call is then transferred.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jsbrown

Dave many thanks for your reply... You're just down the road from us! We're over in Southend!

I'm presuming in order to have each handset as a different extension it needs to have an individual base station, which means the call transfer between handsets isn't possible as pressing the INT button won't display other handsets on different base stations.

Is there a way that 3CX handle the call parking and transferring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.