3CX Configuration in AWS Cloud - Solving Firewall iisues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ebbswebs, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebbswebs

I have installed ver 15. 3CX in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud running on Windows Server 2012 R2. (Updated server with Updates)

I've run through the installation and got the 3CX software install with cert.

I have a dedicated ip on the server or (Elastic ip from AWS) I can access the site using FQDN login to admin and follow setup instructions per setup guide. http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/configuring-your-pbx/

Problem I'm having I believe is a Firewall issue. Am just not sure where or why I can't make get a sip phone Yealink T22p or 3CX Softphone on Cellphone to connect external from server to make outside calls.

I RDP into the server (From home or Work) I've added my ip to AWS firewall.
    I have a few extensions setup let's say 200 and 300.

I have the 3CX soft phone dialer setup on the server to test making a few calls from ext 200 to 300. I can see the call is made and I get Voice message wave file via email.

Now I want to setup external desk phones and soft phone on my mobile. After running the firewall checker tool on the server, below this is what I get.

I run the firewall checker and get failed ports

[​IMG]
    I connect from 3 locations the reason you see TCP ports 0-55535 three times and RDP two times.

I've opened ports on - AWS Inbound Rules

[​IMG]

Opened ports on - AWS Outbound Rules

[​IMG]

Port forwarding setup on the Server as you can see setup on the server.

[​IMG]

Not sure what I'm missing really?

Still can't connect a remote Desktop Yealink T22p or 3CX soft phone on my mobile to server??

If you can direct me with how you got 3CX up and functional in AWS and resolving firewall issues that would be great.

Attached Files:

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

Not reachable means that the STUN server can not be reached at all. As a first step i would recommend disabling the windows firewall and giving it a try like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.