Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX connecting to existing Samsung pbx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by graham_uk, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graham_uk

Is it possible to link a 3CX setup to an existing pbx? There is already a Sumsung phone system in place with a number of spare "digital" extensions. I want to connect these extensions to the 3CX (how?) and then have the 3CX deliver the calls to its own extensions. The reason behind this is that the company who installed the Samsung sometime ago want to charge a small fortune to put a GSM gateway in and have this deliver the calls to the extensions. The extensions are about 600m away from the main office - across a road. I intend on using either a broadband connection or a bridged Wifi solution. However, the first question is - is it possible to attach the digital extension sockets on the Samsung unit to a 3CX box, and if so what is the box of tricks that is needed. Sorry if this is vague - any help would be welcomed.

Regards

Graham

2. opencom

With Samsung proprietary digital / IP interface you will do nothing.

Possible workarounds:

1) If you have spare FXS ports in Samsung you may install FXO gateway on the 3CX Server. Trafiic will go one way, with some tricks (like IVR) two ways.
    2) If you have spare FXO ports in Samsung and that PBX supports DID (not VoIP’s DID’s but old D-irect I-nward D-ialling) with any FXS gateway you can quite easily interconnect sites.
    2) If you have spare E1/T1 port you may create trunk between boxes - easiest but little expensive solution.
    4) You can simply replace Samsung with 3CX :lol: It is still chance to sell it on the aftermarket....

Jacek

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.