3cx connecting to proprietary phone system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ken estrada, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken estrada

Sir,

Anyone connected 3cx with other prorietary phone system? Can 3cx accommodate this kind of connection?

Thanks,

Ken

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the other system doesn't use SIP, then you have to use a common denominator, probably analogue or maybe a PRI trunk. That means using ATA's and Gateways (analogue or PRI) for line and trunk connections.

3. ken estrada

Sir,

thank you for your reply sir, i just thought of the SIP. i just wonder how to make the 2 phone system communicate.or how can the 3cx use the extension on the other phone system. When it comes to PRI and Gateways can you tell me suggestions how to make it work? Thank you very much!

Ken

4. active5

Like leejor said the common denominator would be ATA's and Gateways. This is not really a 3CX issue, it would apply to any two or more legacy phone systems from a mixed bag of vendors, the most likely way they could communicate would be via analog lines and possibly analog extensions.

What is it that you're trying to do and why? And at what scale? Is it really practical?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ken estrada

Sir,

I just want to make 2 phone system communicate with each other.

Thanks,

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A bit vague. It sounds like you want them to go on a date. You need to be a bit more specific and perhaps provide the make/model of the other PBX.

You would probably go out on a trunk and in on a line of the other PBX. It will still, probably require you to purchase a gateway(s) and ATA(s) , with enough capacity to handle the number of simultaneous calls that you want.

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Generally the answer to this topic question is YES.
    The implementation is brand specific.
    In some cases you can use 3CX bridges for interconnecting with other PBXs.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ken estrada

Sir,

Just to contact the other PBX by extension. Or use the trunk of the other PBX to make a local call even the 3cx is in the other side of the globe. That is my plan and goal.

Regards,

Ken

9. active5

Ken,

You need to be more specific, sorry.
    Is the other system IP based, digital or analog? What brand and model?
    How many lines at each end, how many extensions?
    Have you worked with 3CX already? Installed it, used it?
    What hardware have you worked with?

You mentioned the systems will be some distance from each other, what kind of communication does the other system support? Have you considered a second 3CX connected to the other PBX locally via an analog gateway?

10. ken estrada

sir active5,

yes the other system is IP base digital and analog. but i can't say the brand and model.
    lines for testing will be 2 lines per system. extension will be discussed if the connection is successful
    yup i already installed 3cx using different OS the other system is running in windows server

using bridge on the other end is not my goal.hehe i want to test if the 2 system can talk and used the features that they both have.:) thanks,

11. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I have the feeling you don't really want to test anything at all. However it is your choice to do what ever you like.
    Sorry, but these posts look like generating noise in the forum -- at least this is not a way of getting any help and can be qualified as forum misuse. Please adhere to forum rules. The idea of the forum is to raise questions making sense and to get real help from the community.

Regarding the threat -- nothing specific, no details -- just generic question whether possible to interconnect, the answer to which is known before. Sorry, if this sounds not polite, but please read some books / manuals before posting and try not to waste the time of others. Otherwise you risk not to get answers.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.