Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Contacts Displays Partial List and Can't Search Contacts

Discussion in 'Android' started by goody, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goody

I am using the 3CX app on my Motorola Droid running Android 2.2. So far the app has worked great with one exception, when I click on the contacts icon I only see a partial list of my contacts. The contacts list in 3CX shows one entry for every number a contact has so many contacts are listed 2-4 times. The bigger issues are: 1) the search button doesn't work, 2) the list of contacts displayed is maybe 20% of the total number of contacts on the phone.

As I view the contacts 3CX has available they appear to be very old contacts which makes me wonder if they weren't transferred to the phone by the Verizon staff from my old phone when I bought the Droid and therefore are flagged differently than the rest of my contacts which are synced with my Apple Address Book via Missing Sync. The Contacts app that came with the phone sees all my contacts and the built-in Dialer app also sees all of my contacts.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or work around the problem? (For example: I could probably live with the partial list problem if I could get the search feature working.)

Thanks,
    Bob

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 3CX Contacts Displays Partial List and Can't Search Cont

Hi,

Unfortunately the Motorola Droid Series is not supported at the moment.

But regarding your contacts issue you can try going to your contacts > Press the "Menu" button on your android, and an option saying "Display / Groups" should appear.
    Go here and select the proper settings for displaying your Contacts and see if that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. goody

Thanks for the reply.

I opened the built-in Contacts app and selected Menu > Display Options. Then under "Choose contacts to display" Google contacts are unchecked and the Missing Sync contacts are checked (for all of the groups). Since the Missing Sync contacts are the ones I use I would think this would be the correct settings. Is there anything else I can try?

Do you have plans to add support for the Droid anytime soon?

Thanks again for the help.
    Bob

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Yes we are planning to support the Motorola Droid soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.