• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Contacts XML file for use in IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leander van Gorsel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a customer which has filled the 3CX Contacts list by importing a CSV file.
Most of the properties (First Name, Last Name, Company, Mobile 1+2, Home 1+2, Business 1+2, Email) are filled in. On the 3CX client on the mobile phones these properties are all available.

On their local PBX I found the directory: "...\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\2lksjfldskf\ " in this directory I find the 3CXPhone-directory.xml file, but it only has the following properties: Number, Displayname, FirstName, LastName, eMail, and PictureURL. Not the CompanyName, Adress, Mobile numbers and Business Numbers.

Another file in this directory is the yealink_phonebook.xml. This XML file has only Name and Telephone as Entries which are filled.

The yealink_phonebook.xml file can be used as a remote phonebook for their IP desk phones (Tiptel 3120), but it only shows one (display)name and one phone number.

We would like to use the 3CX Contacts database as leading document to maintain all changes to the customer contacts. If I export this data I get a CSV file with all information. But somehow I can't get an XML file with all info same as filled in the 3CX Contacts list?

I also tried to setup an LDAP server, but I wasn't able to import all data from the 3CX contacts list to the LDAP service. And even if I would be able to do that, the customer would like to add and update the contacts list with the webinterface of 3CX.

What is best practice to fill in all Contacts details in one place, file, database, and use that in 3CX, softclients and IP phones?

Regards,
Leander

Hello @Leander van Gorsel

I would recommend using supported IP phones from our supported list and use the web client or windows client to control the devices. This way you get the best of both worlds without additional configuration.

Hi YiannisH,

Thank you for your reply.
I agree the customer should use the IP phones which are supported by 3CX, but they already had these phones, and everything else also works perfectly together with 3CX.

Even if we use a supported IP (desk)phone, we would like to use the 3CX Contacts list we can fill in with the web portal. But how can I get these items as a remote phonebook in the IP phones? Where can I find the database file or complete XML file?

For each supported IP phone there is an xml file created which is pushed to the phone during provisioning. These files include 3 fields, First name, Last name and mobile number.

Hi YiannisH,

I understand that, but that isn't an full answer to my question. 3CX contacts have many more fields than First name, Last name and Mobile nr. Also other (supported) IP Phones has more fields for contact data than only the 3 mentioned.
If I could access the XML file with all data as filled in the 3CX contacts, I'll be able to remap the XML file to the scheme our IP Phone need to read.

The phonebook created for supported IP phones by 3CX only contains the values i mentioned. Like you said the Yealink phonebook only contains Name and telephone the same applies for Snom, Fanvil and Grandstream devices.

The 3CX clients that show the full information get their contacts through presence and not through an XML file stored somewhere in the PBX. Where in the database this is stored i am not aware but i would strongly recommend against accessing the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.