3CX CRM Integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3cxtester, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cxtester

Hi,
    We are trying to configure the CRM Integration plugin for our Dynamics CRM 2011. When trying to configure the IFD setup, we receive an error with the following message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

By trying another "equivalent" application like a simple sitemap editor for the CRM, using the same connection parameters and credentials, from the same pc we are able to connect to the CRM. This means that the CRM is working fine and the sitemap editor application is able to connect from the same pc with the same parameters and credentials.

Can anyone help us identify the problem and connect successfully?

Thank you

2. woodhouse

a 401 error just means the server you are trying to access wont let you receive the requested page. It is either because the username and password is incorrect or you are trying to access a restricted directory.

according to 3CX...

There are 3 authentication methods available:

OnPremise: select this option when your Microsoft Dynamics CRM is configured to use integrated Active Directory authentication.
    IFD: select this option when your Microsoft Dynamics CRM is configured as an Internet‐Facing deployment.
    WindowsLive: select this option if you have a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online subscription.
    Depending on the selected authentication method, you can configure your account with different settings. For example, when you select OnPremise authentication, you may choose to use current user credentials, or specify credentials for another user. When using Windows Live authentication, you just need to specify your user name and password.

3. 3cxtester

Yes woodhouse,
    Thank you for the reply. I know that and as I explained in my post, I tried the IFD option since that is how our CRM is configured. The problem is that for a simple sitemap application , the IFD + SSL options that I used work fine, for the 3CX plugin they doesn't.

And since there is no explanation or sample configurations at all from 3CX as to what values to use when configuring as IFD + SSL, I thought to ask here.

My question is simple :

What values do I have to use in each of the fields for the plugin to work in IFD mode ? Can someone make an example ?

Thanks

4. woodhouse

sorry id noticed that after id posted it.

Im by no means an expert in any of this, but hopefully from what i've learnt from trying to get the plugin to integrate correctly with Sage and sugar, and as anything to do with crm rarely gets a reply on this forum, ill let you know what i know see if it will help.

first step is make sure you have the correct version of the integration module downloaded, there was a new version a month or so ago see...
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/crm-integration-module-change-log/
    depending on which page you got it from you could have the wrong one. when you installed it did you have an option for what dynamics crm and crm4? if not you have the old one. the two download filenames are 3cxcrm.msi and 3cxcrm.msi not 100% which is the new one.

if that doesnt help, if you can post how your dynamics is deployed?

5. 3cxtester

Thank you again,
    Yes, you might be right. I have downloaded the trial version of the plugin using the following link :

http://www.3cx.com/blog/myphone/crm-integration/

Here in this article, there is a download link that maybe is not updated that is the following :

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXCRM10.msi

When I install using this installer, in "Control Panel/Add Remove Programs" I see version "10.0.0", but from the changelog link you sent, the last version is Build 11.0.290.876 – February 2013.

Is there any way where I can check if this is the last version and if not, where can I download the last version of the plugin ?

Regards

6. 3cxtester

Never mind,
    You replied me before... From the download link I had, I removed the "10" and installed the new version and everything worked fine.

So the correct download was : http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXCRM.msi

It would be nice if 3CX updated the link instead of leaving people to "guess" this things... I would have never found it if it wasn't for your suggestion.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.