3CX CRM Integration_Custom

Discussion in 'Windows' started by madhatt30, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madhatt30

Does anyone have some basic code showing how to implement a custom CRM with the following: CRM click to call, Incoming CRM record lookup by phone number. I am looking for the example using the 3CX CRM Integration API so anything in .NET 4.0. I am trying to create a plugin for SuiteCRM. I've created the example in C# as outlined on the 3CX website http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-for-windows-api/ however I am missing the information on how to communicate with the CRM and 3CX or maybe I'm just not understanding it clearly.

At this point I'll take any other examples but to be clear my goal is to create a 3CX plugin for SuiteCRM just like the one being used for SugarCRM.

Thank you

2. richardwvm

The integration is achieved by writing a class library that implements the appropriate interfaces to be loaded by 3CXPhone. Once you've got the basic framework written, compiled and loaded by 3CXPhone (modifying it's config file), you then need to do something useful with the incoming call event and MakeCall method.

Because these events are asynchronous, you need a communication method to match. I have achieved this using Remoting HttpChannels, to "talk" back and forth with my custom in house software. The tricky bit is getting bi-directional communication working, established on the fly as and when it's required (this copes with potentially having either 3CXPhone or your CRM application not available/running).

My code stemmed largely from this article by Marcel Heeremans:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/13847/Two-way-Remoting-with-Callbacks-and-Events-Explain

Hopefully that points you in the right direction.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

4. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Richardwvm - Are you considering making your code open source?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. richardwvm

6. Kael

I'm wondering if there was any success with the suiteCRM 3CX plugin?
    Would be a usefull addition.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interested in creating and releasing a SuiteCRM integration for 3CX Ver15 if someone doesn't beat me to it.

It will be the Christmas holidays before I start any work on the code. I'll be posting on www.HeliaTools.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.