• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX CRM Outlook - insists on opening outlook contact page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
I'm sure with previous Outlook CRM thing there was a control panel with lots of options, one of which was should it open the contact's entry when a call comes in. I can see some folk might find this useful but I don't and I spend my whole day closing unwanted outlook windows (which also, by the way, steal focus!) Please tell me I'm missing a trick somewhere and this can be turned off?

ver 12.5

Re: 3CX CRM Outlook - insists on opening outlook contact pa

Ah yes - just found it. Previous version had it's own little mini control panel running as a system tray app. I don't like that - system tray is becoming unusable because everyone wants to put stuff in there, but at least I had check boxes to "open contact record" and "prevent popup stealing focus" Now the separate "non-system-tray" control panel has been "simplified" by taking away the stuff I want to change!!

I see the old version has an INI record "AutoOpenContactRecord=False" - I'll try putting this in the new INI file and see what happens.

You should have the 3CX Plugins Manager. You can control what shows up here.

RussRiopelle said:
You should have the 3CX Plugins Manager. You can control what shows up here.

I do have 3CX Plugin Manager. It doesn't let me choose what pops up when a contact is found. It only lets me choose NOT to create a new contact entry if nothing is found.

It appears the add-in no longer has its own "here's what i found" window, it *only* has the ability to force open the Outlook contact page. This is pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alkhateeb.itsupport
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.