3CX CRM Outlook - insists on opening outlook contact page

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ccomley, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccomley

I'm sure with previous Outlook CRM thing there was a control panel with lots of options, one of which was should it open the contact's entry when a call comes in. I can see some folk might find this useful but I don't and I spend my whole day closing unwanted outlook windows (which also, by the way, steal focus!) Please tell me I'm missing a trick somewhere and this can be turned off?

ver 12.5

2. ccomley

Re: 3CX CRM Outlook - insists on opening outlook contact pa

Ah yes - just found it. Previous version had it's own little mini control panel running as a system tray app. I don't like that - system tray is becoming unusable because everyone wants to put stuff in there, but at least I had check boxes to "open contact record" and "prevent popup stealing focus" Now the separate "non-system-tray" control panel has been "simplified" by taking away the stuff I want to change!!

I see the old version has an INI record "AutoOpenContactRecord=False" - I'll try putting this in the new INI file and see what happens.

3. RussRiopelle

You should have the 3CX Plugins Manager. You can control what shows up here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ccomley

I do have 3CX Plugin Manager. It doesn't let me choose what pops up when a contact is found. It only lets me choose NOT to create a new contact entry if nothing is found.

It appears the add-in no longer has its own "here's what i found" window, it *only* has the ability to force open the Outlook contact page. This is pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.