3CX CTI with Outlook

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CentrexJ, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

A couple issues I have found

3CX v12RC1, Outlook 2010 x86, Windows 7 x64 SP1:

- I have the CTI working and it pops up the outlook contact record. I have it set to close after 10 seconds but find the records don't close automatically.

- Hot key for dialing doesn't remember the setting after exiting 3cxphone. I have it set to F11 but find if I close 3cxphone I have to go back in and configure it. The configuration shows it is set to F11 but I have to press the check mark again to make it work.

- Having to press CTRL-C and then the hot key isn't nearly as good as the previous method of highlighting and pressing the hot key in the 3CX MyPhone. Also in 3CX Myphone it would strip any non-numeric characters. This one brings them in. If they could make it work like 3CX Myphone that would likely be preferred by most.

- When 3CXPhone is in "presence information" mode and you press the hot key to dial a number it will remove the menu from the bottom and you have to exit 3cxphone and restart to bring it back (and then re-configure it because of above issue). It doesn't let you dial the number it gets stuck. It should behave like the CTI mode does and switch to keypad mode.

- When a number is brought into 3CXphone using the hot key and you don't want to dial it you have to click on it with the mouse and delete it, or scroll to the right and then press the X at the bottom right of 3CXphone. The Cancel button doesn't seem turned on yet. On Myphone I believe you could just press ESC. If you can't bring back ESC at least move the cursor to the right of the input field so that the X button at the bottom right of 3CXphone works properly.

- I don't see the option where in CTI mode to get it to use the Yealink feature so that calls are made directly on the phone and not through the makecall feature. Am I missing something or is that just not implemented yet?

All above in consideration I do find that I like the appearance and most of the performance of the new 3CXPhone over Myphone and find that they did a great job.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Lifeline,

From what i can see most if not all of your issues should have been resolved with the new RC 2 candidate that we released yesterday here http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-release-candidate-2/ . You should have no problems using CTI with yealink phones have you updated the firmware through the phones node in the management console before trying it? It seems like an older firmware issue. After that everything should work out without any problems. If you could let me know if your issue is solved that would be great and if you have any further inquiries don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you also for your kind words.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

The only issue I see resolved is using the hotkey when in presence mode no longer locks up the 3cxphone. It now switches properly to the dial pad and displays the number.

These issues remain with V12RC2:

- Hotkey saving still does not work when existing and reopening program I have to reconfigure still. Release notes say this is fixed. I don't see it resolved.
    - Copying text and numeric then pressing hot key still doesn't strip the text out
    - The cancel button still doesn't work in CTI mode for a phone number or hot key entered number
    - I'm unclear how to configure CTI to work without using makecall on Yealink T46G. I am using latest firmware 28.71.0.155
    - And something I didn't report and would like help with, when trying to listen to a voicemail on the computer (the "play voicemail option") the 3cxphone software just gives me the windows save dialog box to save the wav file it doesn't try and open the default wav player and play the file like 3cx myphone used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.