3CX Customization

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Valeriano, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valeriano

Hi,

I have been reading about the 3CX PBX and it looks very neat.

I am trying to find out how much is going to cost me the customization features that I need. I am a C# .NET developer myself, so I am quite interested in features that can also be customized that way.

Basically:

• I need to customize the criteria used to route calls, so for example I can route the calls to a specific number to a specific user or group of users, basing the routing in information that is not in the 3CX application, for example, an external data base. I think this is possible through the "3CX Voice application designer", because in one of the pages says : "For example, create a voice application that queries the caller for a customer number, then validates this number against a database and routes the call based on customer type.". But I am just interested in the "routing" part, I would like to customize how routing is being done. Is there a better way of doing this rather than get this product that I don't really need? For example a way of creating a .NET assembly fulfilling a contract.

• I need to show some data from the caller on the callee's screen when one of my receptionist gets a call, basically is get the caller's number, look up in the database and show a page. I think this is possible through the "3CX Integration Module", but I see in the pricing page I have to pay a licence per user... I will develop my own module, do I have to pay that licence cost as well?

Thanks in advance

2. active5

You should be able to do those simple tasks with the voice application designer, 3CX's API interface and/or the http interface.
    Also, the 3CX MyPhone application can call an external program when a call comes in at each workstation.
    I can't speak for 3CX itself, but I don't think they will allow modifications to the 3CX application itself, I have yet to see anything out there about 3CX source code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. active5

Also, if you require complex call routing you can look into something like the Kamailio SIP Server (OpenSER) or one of its variations. I've heard of some users connecting Kamailio to 3CX as a registered VoIP provider. You can have the final leg of calls handled by the 3CX auto attendant and a receptionist. I can imagine you should be able to have the Kamailio connect with multiple registrations to 3CX, each of which can have a different auto attendant and receptionist functions. I've been doing some basic research and it appears that the Kamailio (OpenSER) engine is embedded in a lot of VoIP equipment from providers.

You should also experiment further with the inbound rules, they are very robust and flexible. In addition extensions can handle 15 exceptions each to handle calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.