• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Dead in the Water. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeoutprods

Reaction score
Ok, I have a problem that appeared out of nowhere. I have been running 3cx free edition smoothly for over a month now but started experiencing random issues 2 days ago. I was running the 3cx build from April 2, 2008 (I forgot the build version number but I remember the date it was released - 4/2/08). Problems started with slow response time from my pbx answering the line to the time the digital receptionist started playing the intro welcome message. Now, the server is not registering to any of my SIP providers (Teliax, Gafachi & CallCentric). I have uninstalled and reinstalled, tried a different install folder, restarted my server, etc. Now I can't even dial out! My server does not do anything else but host this 3CX software. Windows Updates are turned off as well. No one has touched the system since it was first deployed so I am at a loss as to why its crashing. Anyone know what is going on? I am really shocked because the system was running great until 2 days ago.

Here are my computer stats:
Dell Server - Windows Server 2003 SP2
Intel Pentium4 2.8GHz
4GB Ram
NOW RUNNING 3CX Build V5.1.4510.0

Thanks.
Scott

Scott:

Well unless you believe that software spoils :| , something has changed in your setup, equipment, network to cause the problem that you are describing.

You need to isolate the problem by checking the following:
1-VOIP service provider
2-Internet ISP and your CPE gateway (DSL or Cable modem)
3-Your LAN and router (wired or wireless)
4-Your computer hardware and networking (network interface, device drivers, etc)
5-Your computer's software firewall and all the anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-itch stuff
6-3CX software configuration

Can you use your VOIP provider's service without using 3CX? If yes, that addresses probably items 1, 2, 3; although you might still have a configurational problem for 3CX at that level.
Which software package are you using for item 5? It might very well be that a major automatic update/upgrade on your security software has changed your firewall parameters.
Are you using uPnP on your network? Did you add a new uPnP device to your network recently?

Cheers,
Halea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.