Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Debian 15 and Outgoing Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dougbrose, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougbrose

Hi 3CX Community,

I'm enjoying using this software. I seem to have everything setup except for one nagging issue. I have a phone number that I setup with Vitelity that just forwards straight to voicemail. That way I can get their voicemail transcription.

When I forward calls to this number it only shows my Vitelity main trunk number as the caller id. Everything works fine with the incoming caller id into an extension. I checked the forums and I changed the From: Display Name and From: User Part to "Originator Caller ID." This doesn't seem to have any effect (so I changed it back). I also changed the same parts in the Remote Party ID (also no effect). I posted my Vitelity trunk outbound rules. I would love any help. As it stands right now all calls that are forwarded to my voicemail number all share the same caller id (my main Vitelity trunk number). Thank you for any guidance.

Thank you,

Doug

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the outgoing trunk provider even allow you to change the number? Some don't. In the past, as a quick test, an outgoing call, over that trunk, from an extension with a datafilled number to be displayed, will usually send that number, if the VoIP provider allows it.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would check with Vitality. They are quite familiar with 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dougbrose

Thank you leejor,

This got me to the fix. I tested a bunch of outgoing calls until I found

Remote Party ID - Calling Party : Display Name
    Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part

Both needed to be changed to Originator ID.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.