Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved 3cx debian server restart issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Corné Hokke, Nov 3, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corné Hokke

Hi all,

I have an issue with our 3cx debian server, I used the 3cx 15.5 debian ISO to do a clean install on a new server.
    Imported my 'old' server's config file and have been using the new system happily for about 3 months now.

It sometimes happens that I need to restart the complete server and after it comes back online all updates I have done, whether it be in the 3cx console (ip blacklist/updates) or on the filesystem (resolv.conf/ip tables) have been reset to a state as it was a few weeks after the initial installation. Even backups made, seem to be deleted, so everytime I make a backup I make sure to move the file to another server.

As you can understand this is very annoying.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this issue/problem?

TIA

2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Corné Hokke,

Could you please specify the procedure you used to import 'old' server's config file?

3. Corné Hokke

Hi,

sorry, it was more a restore of the final full backup of the old server into the new, using the restore function in the 3cx system manager via my browser.
    But I don't think this is the issue with the debian file system as I have made more backups after the initial install which still show up after the server restart.

gr.

4. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

From your description i tend to believe that this is more an issue with the server configuration. To determine if this is an issue with the PBX or the OS please procced with the following.

1. Take a full system configuration backup using 3cx management console. Make sure to include Licence Key & FQDN.
    2. Save your backup file in a remote location.
    3. Uninstall 3CXPBX using apt-get purge 3CXPBX and apt-get autoclean 3CXPBX.
    4. Reinstall 3CXPBX manually using the guide from the following link https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/installation-linux/
    5. After starting the 3CXPBX Configuration Tool select Restore an existing backup configuration and use the backup file you created in step 1.

At this point create a new entry in the system (for example add an IP in the blacklist using the Management Console), restart your server and check if the new entry is still present.

5. Corné Hokke

i've set up a new 3cx server using debian 9.2.1. after solving some issues with libcurl during 3cx installation (installing older version of libcurl), restored my full backup and am happily using that server.

6. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.