3CX Debian with TFTP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LyonAdmiral, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LyonAdmiral

Now that 3CX has their own brew of a Debian based installation, I am thrilled in the sense that it can alleviate some Windows licensing concerns for me. My question is how do I get to point B, where my legacy phones can use a TFTP server on this same Debian box.

Here is what I've done so far:
    1. Installed 3CX Debian onto a dev box.
    2. Installed TFTPD-HPA onto the same box.
    3. Configured the /etc/default/tftpd-hpa file to have the default TFTP directory be the provisioning folder for 3CX which is /var/lib/3cxpbd/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/randomfolder
    4. Adjusted security permissions on the provisioning folder by this command:
      sudo chown -R tftp /var/lib/3cxpbd/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/randomfolder
    5. Used FileZilla to SSH the firmware and configuration files into the provisioning folder
    The phones don't seem to be pulling their firmware and configuration files from the box. Am I missing a step or have I misconfigured the security settings for appropriate folders?

Most appreciative of your help.

-Daniel 

2. V..

V..

Hi Daniel,

Since V15 unfortunately provisioning files are generated by HTTP request on the fly and are not stored on the local server. When the phone attempts to pull its config it will not be able to do so as the file will not exist.

There is a difference between the generic templates stored in this folder and the provisioning file for an individual extension.

If you look around the forums there are some workarounds using a script to download these files in batches and place them back into this folder as per previous versions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LyonAdmiral

If the provisioning files are not stored on the 3CX box then where are they stored?

4. LyonAdmiral

I am one step closer, I testing using TFTP on my Windows machine to pull the phonebook.xml file from the TFTP and it said there was a connection error. I used FileZilla to set read/write permissions recursively in the provisioning folder/subfolder and it then let me transfer the phonebook.xml file. Phone still doesn't get its provisioning information however.

5. V..

V..

Hi Lyon,

They are not stored anywhere they are temporarily created and then deleted when a provisioning request is made via HTTP\HTTPS

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    LyonAdmiral likes this.
  6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

The config files are generated on the fly from information in the database merged with the template.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.