• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Defect - FXS/DECT the Welltech 3232s option keeps getting removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiek

Customer
Reaction score
For our analog phones in the warehouse we use a Welltech 3232s gateway currently, prior to a few months back we used the 2424s gateway but this model no longer exists. The problem, in 3cx there is not an option to add a 3232s, you need to go to Welltech.com and download their .xml file and install it on your 3cx server and this in turn will place the 3232s in the dropdown when adding a new device.

However, the defect is this, something continues to update on 3cx system that erases the 3232s.fxs.xml file from the 3cx server. When this happens, if you attempt to back into the FXS node to view the configurations of the 3232s device, KA-BOOM, big ugly error. PLEASE 3cx, add the 3232s option to your updates.

Please use file "welltech-wellgate-3232s.fxs.xml" and place it to "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\fxs" folder. After this, you can go to FXS/DECT page, add the 3232s device, provision it and start the testing.

Reactions: craigreilly
Try putting it into

"C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\Provisioning\%randomname%\CustomTemplates\fxs"

And see if that helps. You will have to make the two folders if they don't exist.

I can give this a try and monitor as to see if it sticks, not 100% sure when or what causes the 3232s.xml file to go away. Under C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning I see a folder p1p0ek8rja74, if I go into this folder I do not see CustomTemplates, should I simply create CustomTemplates\fxs? How might creating this new path help?

Yes just create the folder and it's subfolder there. The customtemplates folder tells 3CX these are custom templates and not to delete/overwrite them. I'm not sure if it will work for FXS but it's a easy thing to test. You will have to restart the NGINIX and Configuration Server service for it to read the folder.

Thanks. Done deal. Will monitor and post the results in a 5 or 6 weeks.

A 3CX update was installed last night and sure enough, the 3232 Welltech option is not there. Clearly this is something that needs to be fixed by 3CX developers, any idea how to get this in their hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.