• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX deleted all our call logs to "save disk space" how do I get them back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkinyyz

Reaction score
We have a legal requirement to keep all call logs and send them to our lawyer weekly due to our line of work. I just noticed no one got the report today, so I go in and there's not one single call in the log. I check the log and it says "call logs were deleted to save disk space." It shows we are using 4.1GB of 5GB in call recordings. How do I get these logs back? I'm beyond livid right now that it would just take it upon itself to clear logs out without any admin approving it. I didn't even get an email saying storage is low, or "warning your call logs will be deleted soon." even though I have the box "Email me when storage space is 80% used." It didn't even just delete a few, it deleted every single call log, so now no one has any idea who called in, how many calls each employee did and so on. Please advise.

That answer has nothing to do with my issue, the call logs are all gone, when you go to Call Logs it shows zero of them. When you run reports they don't run because there's no data.

Someone did not push the button to erase them, how does one even erase all call logs? I'm the only administrator and I've been out of town in Miami for the past week, so I can assure you no one erased them. I have backups that run nightly but I need the call logs from Friday.

If based on that link you sent only the event logs are deleted, then where are the actual calls if they weren't deleted? How do I pull a report on this? Here is a screenshot of Call Logs in the admin console, there isn't even a button to delete them so how could someone "push the button" to delete them?
https://imgur.com/a/hqJfy

Also on the dashboard it says Call History : Purge 2307 calls shown here: https://imgur.com/a/twz9T

When you click that, it takes you to the first screenshot I posted, to Call Logs which are blank. Where exactly are these 2307 calls??

Hello @checkinyyz

Can you please use the filter button on the call log page and search for the calls you need? Can you see the call history that way?
Only calls from the current day are displayed in the call log in an attempt to reduce the load on the server when the particular screen is accessed. The fact that the Dashboard shows 2307 logs is an indication that the calls are still there.
The message "call logs were deleted to save disk space" applies to the event logs not the actual call history. The PBX never deletes call history data without someone purging them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.