• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Dial extension along with phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinod700

Reaction score

How do I add a pause in a dialed number so I can access an extension.
Eg: I am dialing a phone number that may attend by the ivr and need to enter the extension no again.

Regards,
vinod

dear vinod700,

If I understand correctly, you want to have the ability to call the main number of a trunk followed by an extension number so you can connect automatically, is that correct?

A pause would have to be "created" in the set (speed call number) doing the dialling. In most cases, the first number, before the pause, is sent as a SIP message (and routing of the call done on that), whereas the digits after the pause are generally sent as DTMF (which may be converted to a SIP message along the line). Same way your mobile phone would do it.

Last edited:
dear vinod700,

If I understand correctly, you want to have the ability to call the main number of a trunk followed by an extension number so you can connect automatically, is that correct?

Yes. You are correct. Or in which pattern the the extension number can be dialed with

A pause would have to be "created" in the set (speed call number) doing the dialling. In most cases, the first number, before the pause, is sent as a SIP message (and routing of the call done on that), whereas the digits after the pause are generally sent as DTMF (which may be converted to a SIP message along the line). Same way your mobile phone would do it.[/ QUOTE]

Hello

can you tell how will be the dial patterns which key / chartecter act as pause

dear vinod700,

yes . its correct. . can you advice how it can be achived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.