3CX docker for production

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Photonspace, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photonspace

Hello, 3CX Community

I have seen some mention of 3cx running in docker containers but the post's information is incomplete and replies disabled. Would 3CX running in docker containers not be a good idea? I would like to test this for use in production but I am no expert in docker. There is only a spec of information about running 3cx in docker but it is incomplete. Is there a need for this? Any information about this topic would be greatly appreciated.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can't give you specific instructions for the time being, but we have explored the possibility of using docker containers.
    For the time being we as 3CX are not ready to suggest using them as we are not 100% happy with the operation, but I can tell you that if we get everything to a state where we are happy with how our software works within a container, there will be an extensive blog post explaining what you need to do and how to use it.

My intention is not to discourage anyone else from replying here, just to state the 3CX position at the current point in time.

kusig likes this.
  3. Photonspace

Thank you for the reply. I understand. This is all the confirmation I need to hold off on putting 3cx into production with containers. I will keep an eye out though because I love the idea of a pbx in a container.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.