• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Doesn't Recognize Latest Yealink Phone Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntnetzeband

Reaction score
I'm trying to upgrade all of our Yealink phones manually through the management console to version 35.81.0.110 but the only firmware that shows up is 35.80.0.110 but that is not even a file in the firmware folder on the server.

All of our phones are currently on different versions of the 35.80.0.xxx firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3CX will only update to the approved firmware for 3CX, which may be different to the firmware found on yealink website

If you try to update via the console, what happens (FYI - it will not downgrade the firmware)

Reactions: Schrodz
Hello ntnetzeband,

Please let us know the Yealink phones series and what firmware are you on.
Also, kindly note that the supported firmware's are listed on this link https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ on each sub-link. If the firmware of your IP Phones is higher than the supported firmware you need to manually downgrade them to the supported firmware to ensure they work properly with your 3CX Phone system. Kindly note that you cannot automatically downgrade the firmware of the IP Phones from the management console.

In this case, to ease issues for ntnetzeband and so they don't have to dig through 3CX folders in Program Data, wouldn't it be advisable to create download links for all the supported firmwares? Without knowledge of the folder structure you make it hard on users when neither 3CX nor Yealink actually provide these download links on their websites.

Note, I could be blind here, but I have not seen a download link for valid yealink firmware in months.

Hello ntnetzeband,

Please let us know the Yealink phones series and what firmware are you on.
Also, kindly note that the supported firmware's are listed on this link https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ on each sub-link. If the firmware of your IP Phones is higher than the supported firmware you need to manually downgrade them to the supported firmware to ensure they work properly with your 3CX Phone system. Kindly note that you cannot automatically downgrade the firmware of the IP Phones from the management console.

When you look at their guide. It tells you to go the Yealink website to download their latest firmware and load it on the phone... then it goes red and says unsupported! I manually had to get the firmware from the server and upload it to the phone :)

When you look at their guide. It tells you to go the Yealink website to download their latest firmware and load it on the phone... then it goes red and says unsupported! I manually had to get the firmware from the server and upload it to the phone :)

Exactly my point, I know how to get it, but that doesn't mean everyone knows the file path by heart like an engineer that works on these for a living. If this is not offered on the yealink website, it would behoove them to load it up on the 3CX yealink manual provisioning blog entry. This would save moderation time on forum posts such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.