• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX Domain not resolving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Giese

Reaction score
Quick background:
-We are using a FQDN provided by 3CX
-We have a static IP from our ISP

Issue:
We changed our static IP address about 3 months ago so I updated the settings successfully in the management console. It took about 12 hours before the domain name was successfully resolving to our new IP address. It has been working fine since then until yesterday. I enter our fqdn and it never loads. If I replace the fqdn with our IP address, it will load the console. When I ping our fqdn, it is somehow pulling our old static IP address? However, when using a dns checker online, they all point to our new static ip? How do I fix this issue?

Thanks so much in advance!

Make sure the static ip is right in Settings>Network then go to Settings>License, edit and save, then restart services. This has worked for me every time so far.

Thanks for the tip. I did check the static IP before, and by the time I got back to double check the settings, the web console started working again. It was the weirdest thing. It was not working for 30-45 minutes, I upgraded to the latest service pack, restarted the computer it is installed on and still wasn't working. Then out of the blue, it worked again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.