• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX domain not responding after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_user

Reaction score
Hi,

I followed the instructions here to set up a 3cx server using the pbx express. The VM was successfully created and is running the software, however when I visit the 3cx domain name given, the web request times out. The domain I am trying to get working is (removed).3cx.co.uk

I have used the pbx express to set up this account before, however I deleted the other VM as I had some issues with it. I thought that the domain would now point to the new installation. Is this not true? Can someone help me figure out why it is not pointing to the new installation?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am trying to use the same key and FQDN as the previous install. Does this mean that I do not need to release the FQDN, and instead just backup the installation and install it onto the google cloud console? How would I go about restoring a backup on the new google cloud installation, given that I can't access it through the FQDN?

Thanks for your help, that link cleared up some things for me.

Hello @IT_user

Since the FQDN was pointing to a different public IP before i would assume that is probably a DNS propagation issue. I would give it a few hours to see if the issue is resolved.

I can now see that the provided FQDN does point to the public IP address associated with the installation. Can you confirm that issue in now resolved?

Reactions: IT_user
Hello @IT_user

Since the FQDN was pointing to a different public IP before i would assume that is probably a DNS propagation issue. I would give it a few hours to see if the issue is resolved.

I can now see that the provided FQDN does point to the public IP address associated with the installation. Can you confirm that issue in now resolved?
Hi,

I can confirm that the installation is now accessible - I did not take into account the time it would take for the dns change to propagate, as you say. Thanks!

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.