• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Enterprise and Grandstream GXP2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamgreen

Reaction score
Hello,

Let me first start by saying that I LOVE LOVE LOVE 3CX. After some fiddling around I have it working so sweet. I do have a couple of minor questions.

1: I can't seem to get the MWI light working. If I leave the MWI subscribe off, them my phones are oblivious to my message status. If I enable MWI subscribe (which the docs clearly say not to) the MWI light comes of but never goes off regardless if I have a message or not. Got any ideas?

2: When call comes in it rings to my phone with the Account Name, then below that the phone number 2 times. Any idea how I can have the phone report the caller ID name? Is this a setting in the phone, 3CX, or Broadvoice.

3: On my GP2000 phone there are 7 multipurpose keys. I don't see a FAQ anywhere on how to program these buttons to do things like Line Appearance and Station Appearance. Is there a guide somewhere that I should be reading?

I agree, 3CX is a thing of beauty :lol:

That being said, MWI function is not enabled in free edition, are you using free?

CID Name is not supported in present version also, but I expect it will be in v4 which I believe (from suggestions elsewhere in Forum) might be out mid-October.

I am afraid I am clueless about the GP2000.

About the 7 multipurpose keys... they are used for a quick dial, and you can set this on Basic settings under web configuration for GXP200, about the CID thing, i believe that, what you want is, when you have an extension calling to you, you get the extension number twice and you would like to see a number. This can be set on the extension configuration under 3CX Admin Web page, Under "Other Options" on the extension configuration you have to set the 2 last fields for the name you want to see on the display of the GXP2000 or any other phone on the internal network.
About the MWI i saw the answer to that on a earlier post, ill post link here if i find.

Cheers

MWI

I am using the Enterprise version. It's working like a top. I own a small biz consulting firm here in Seattle and I have been using it in "production for a week" and have had no outages.

Thanks for the heads up on the CID. It would be a nice feature but I am not all that worried about it.

There is a bug in the firmware that affects the MWI on the GXP2000 phones (possibly the GXP2020 as well.) This is version 1.1.4.18.

The bug is fixed in the new version of the firmware, but they have not released that out of beta testing yet. I've been all over them about it, but no answers as to when to expect it. They do not announce updates either so you'll just have to keep checking http://www.grandstream.com/firmware.html/ to see when they release 1.1.4.22 out of beta.

thank you so much for sharing that. I have been checking settings and racking my mind trying to figure out why the MWI isn't working :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.