Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX error recording - long cyrillic phonebook names

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by orlin.pavlov, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orlin.pavlov

3CX ver14
    I have a problem with missing some recordings from particular clients.
    When i checked the log files I found that recordings from these particular clients are raising error when trying to create recording files. Noticed too that First Name of that particular record is usually longer than other (normally recorded ones).
    According to these suggestions a have made some experiments with longer names and now i am sure that the issue is very clear - when converting name from cyrillic - name included in filename becomes longer and resultant recording filename becomes longer that ntfs file length limitation - creation of the file fails and recording is not saved.
    In this particular case - a have no workaround to implement - the company phonebook is huge enough... Can you suggest and share some other ideas about how to solve? Missing recordings are not an option...

Error in the log looks like this:
    02-Mar-2016 10:16:49.871 [MS108000] : Recording cancelled. Failed to open file "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Recordings\107\[%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B9%D1%85%D0%BB%D0%B5 %D0%B8 %D0%94%D0%B5-%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B8 %D0%91%D1%8A%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F %D0%9F%D1%80%D1%8A%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%88%D1%8A%D0%BD ]_029021717-107_20160302081649(8540).wav" for writing

And the according name in the company phonebook is: Райхле и Де-Масари България Пръдакшън
    See attached log file (filtered only for these errors).

Attached Files:

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For the time being, the only way to word around this is to use shorter names when writing in Cyrillic (or any other non-English characters) because they are translated to ASCII, so that you do not exceed the NTFS max path length.

I have brought this to our R&D Departments attention, so this might get addressed sometime in the future.

3. orlin.pavlov

Thank you for the timely answer, Nick!
    Do you know something about the template of creation of filenames for recording files - i am searching for a way to change included components - all I need is to remove First Name from there... calling and receiving number plus timestamp section are absolutely enough - easy and elegant solution of the problem - nobody needs these names :)
    Thank you in advance

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately you cannot remove only the names. That information is basically taken from the Display Name that is sent to the phone and shown on its display.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.