Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by peni, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peni

Hi Iam getting this error every time I try and change the ip address of my 3cx server

"An exception occured ,Advanced option error: Configuration system failed to initialize."

can anyone hepl me on this....????????/

plis

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

HI
    Is this error still occurring?

Where are you trying to change this ip address? You cannot change the ip address of the 3CX Server from the 3CX Management console.

The 3CX SIP SERVER gets the IP address based on the query it makes to the Windows network stack. What the stack gives, we take into account.

If you want to change the ip address of the server, go to control panel and change the network ip addr to a static one and restart the machine.

Upon reboot, 3CX will query again for network interfaces and based on what windows tells us, we will apply the new settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.