Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Extension List Published to Inranet

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by d.barnbrook, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.barnbrook

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, we have recently had 3cx installed and I was wondering if there is some kind of html page that would show a list of extensions that we have configured in 3cx server so that we could integrate / embed this into one of our intranet pages.

Apologies if this is very simple but I an brand new to this product.

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I dont think there is a list that you can use.

This is because we have myphone. (http://serverip:5000/myphone). Each user logs in with their extension and voicemail pin. Not only do they see everyone and their extension number, but can also see their status and chat/intercom/call them etc.

For your intranet you could possibly put this in an iframe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. d.barnbrook

I suppose the only issues with doing that is that everyone would have to enter extension numbers etc. in order to login. I was thinking something along the lines of a receptionist wallboard, but i suppose if there isnt one then we will have to do without. :(

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

They only need to do it once as it remembers their login if they tell it.

The other way would be to use the call control api and write something yourself if you are up to it.

I would offer to write something for you but we are in a big growth phase and have projects all the way into 2013 for our current customers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Is the purpose to simply have a listing, or is there some other aspect? I took your initial indication to be nothing more than a listing that you could publish and make available via some page on your intranet. The subsequent posts indicate something more. If the former, then you could simply take one of the phonebook provisioning files and convert accordingly. They are all in XML format, but there are some free converters that will modify the XML, albeit in a very simple format.

If you are looking for something more exotic, then as Mark indicated, you might need to look at the APIs.

6. darthzejdr

I have an application that allows you to export users from 3cx. It doesn't use api, it connects directly to database and needs to be run on 3cx server. If you want send me a message with your email and i'll send it to you. The thing is though, it allows you to print or export users to csv, so you'll have to manually run it every time you change/add/remove an user.

7. d.barnbrook

Hi Yes I just wanted this as a pure "address list" for the intranet , nothing fancy.

8. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I would just type it into the intranet directly.

No messing with anything.

While you can connect directly to the database, there is an inherent risk in doing so, which is why 3CX gives the api in the first place.

First you need access to the 3cx server, and more importantly as you are directly in the database, one wrong click or line of code could mess up the whole database and your 3cx - suddenly no phone system.

So just for a directly list - I would type it in your intranet.

9. darthzejdr

Yeah, typing it yourself is the safest way. The reason i built my app is i often need a user list while setting up myphone/softphone at customer sites, and with a lot of users building the list manually takes hours(i need sip password and pin). Anyway, while i can't guarantee for my app, it only uses 1 command on the database and that's select. Also it worked ok in all my projects i used it in so far.

10. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I dont have a problem with apps talking to databases - especially if it is in-house and no other way. Just seemed overkill for this. And my "warning" was more for those coming along later and reading this and then jumping in to databases themselves without appreciating the potential pitfalls.

As an aside - if you do offer your app, have some sort of liability clause just in case something happens and they come back to you.

11. darthzejdr

the app is inhouse. that's why i didn't post a link. i just offered to give it to help. I agree on the database connection. You shouldn't do it unless you know exactly what you are doing.

I didn't use api because i didn't work with it when i built it, and it works ok so didn't change it.

12. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

No need to type anything. Simply go the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning location and find one of the phone books in xml format and use Excel to open as an XML table, edit to your liking and then save in whatever format you like or copy and paste. Of course, as your system extensions change, you will need to update/refresh the listings accordingly.

13. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Simply scrub one of the XML files that serve as phonebooks located in the provisioning directory. Simple PHP or ASP to pull from http://IP:5000/provisioning/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.