• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx extern gehost problem audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

leendertvdk

Customer
Reaction score
Form Members,

We have problem with 3cx and linksys spa962/spa942

We have 3cx externally hosted data center. Furthermore, we have 3 branches with 3 different subnets.

How can we best configure the linksys devices.
What we want to see is that the RTP internal phone calls not on the external PBX's. But that only RTP on the PBX goes as external calls.

Is it wise to use stun work??

Who can help us with info??

thanks

Have a look at this in regard to how you should configure your Cisco-Linksys phones:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

Make those changes to the standard 3CX set-up for the SPA phones ...

If your 3CX is externally hosted, then it is best to refer to a static IP address in the configuration of the 'Network' settings of the 3CX [STUN is really only required at the 3CX itself, if your Public IP address is Dynamic assigned]. However, as you'll see in the above, it is pretty important to have the phone set so it is accessing a STUN server at around 20 second intervals.

If you also reduce the Registration timer on your SPA phones (to around 120 seconds), this helps keep your router's firewall aware of the ports that need to be open to allow VoIP through to the phones.

One last thing ... I have sometimes found that when I run multiple SPA phones on a remote site, I need to stagger the SIP ports used by each extension, i.e. use 5060 on the 1st, 5061 on the second, 5062 on the 3rd etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.