3cx External Clients can only make and receive calls but contact list and switchboard are not loaded

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Annash KHAIDOO, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annash KHAIDOO

Hello Gents,

Since the installation of 3CX V14, the 3cx external clients which are outside my network can only make and receive calls but the contact list and switchboard are not loaded. I'm already using the port 5090 on the clients and recently upgraded my 3CX server to V15SP5 but in vain.

Anyone facing the same issue at the moment?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Rgds,
    Annash

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

3. Annash KHAIDOO

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Make sure that you can get access on 5001 port and that port forwarded to your 3cx phone system. The problem appears only on the clients outside your lan? Also please check your anti-virus if it blocks the https port. Try disable you anti-virus for a test. By default the 5001 port is used, did you change the management console port?

5. Annash KHAIDOO

yes, it is only with clients outside my LAN and antivirus has already been disabled while doing the test. As far as I know, I didn't change the port on the management console. Can you please suggest where I can verify that on the management console and are there any tools to check the blocking ports outside my LAN? Apart from that, all required ports are working fine, like for example 5060 , but while doing the firewall test on the 3CX console, they all failed(full clone test failed).

6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

.... I think you just answered your own question. If the port forwards were done properly the firewall checker will pass. Fix that first and then your presence will most likely work. Can you access the management console from outside the network ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Annash KHAIDOO

Dear, the thing is everything is working fine inside my organization, I can make a receive calls normally and trunks are up, it only happens outside the LAN and yes the management console is available outside the network and can be accessed without any issues.

8. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi annash,

You can run the wireshark on your server and check the traffic on port 5001 and the public IP of the remote location in the capture file.

Annash KHAIDOO likes this.
  9. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Firewall checker pretty much would only affect things outside your LAN, which is the issue right now. I realize everything else seems to be working just fine, but your best bet is still to get the firewall checker to pass first. Theres something in your router messing around with the ports.
    What router are you using ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Annash KHAIDOO likes this.
  10. Annash KHAIDOO

Hello , It is a cisco 2811. i'll try to use wireshark and revert soon.. thanks

11. Annash KHAIDOO

Hello gents, I've been able to figure out where the issue is but however I've noticed that the port being asked by the client is 443 and not 5001.
    Can someone please advise if that can be changed on the 3cx server as the port 443 on that public IP is being used for another purpose.
    Thanks.

12. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The port is specified during installation and cannot be changed the system is installed.
    To change the port you need to perform a backup, save the backup to a non 3CX location, un-install the system and then re-install. When you are re-installing the installation wizard will ask you for the ports. The default values are 5000 and 5001

13. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

.... which would also mean you access the management console with port 443, which would've been good to know ;)

Glad it's been resolved though !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.