3cx Failover in Linux

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Muhammad Faidhi Faiz, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muhammad Faidhi Faiz

Hi is there anyway to make Failover services for LAN to LAN 3cx server that running on Linux/Debian?

i have digging around and didnt found exact solution for that.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

3CX built-in failover works on either platform. (https://www.3cx.com/docs/failover/) . It is active-passive.

Now if you are asking if 3CX will offer some sort of active-active (at least on linux) the question is who knows. 3CX is not exactly forthcoming on their roadmap, and while linux offers a lot of tools for failover, I don't know that they will want to make a feature that is platform dependent. It would definitely be nice though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

failover will remain on the A-P modle and not based on a cluster modle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Muhammad Faidhi Faiz

yup,

I have read the guide but in the guide state if your intend to do on LAN to LAN need some script as the guide is for Cloud 3cx and we want to try for LAN to LAN only not including the cloud 3cx.

5. Muhammad Faidhi Faiz

Did you know is there any tweak need to be done in the opensource server such as installing the heartbeat in order for me to make the LAN to LAN failover works?
    As in the guidline it shows for Cloud PBX and we want to try to make it using the physical server and not using the cloud server. Is by turn on the failover function in the 3cx web console can make it works?

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

we use our own implementation, no need for HA triggers, same for windows, yes we could use cluster services, but they all have other limitations and the goal is that you can move win to lin or local to cloud... then most of those services will not work...

7. Muhammad Faidhi Faiz

Hi , so i just need two 3cx system with ENT or PRO license and enable the feature and configure which is active server and which is passive server.

so do i need the FQDN , public IP and other related public setting even though I just want to configure LAN to LAN server.

8. jl@rag

We want the same setup. Two physical servers, installed with debian, no cloud server, and we do not want to use the 3CX FQDN.

We want to use ENT license. Is is possible to build a failover-cluster without 3CX FQDN? If yes, how?

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Most of the process should be explained here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/failover/
    One clarification that may not be 100% clear, as you are going to have the 2 PBXs (active and passive) on the same LAN, you will need to install 3CX using a Local/Internal FQDN.

As mentioned in this thread, 3CX only supports Active-Passive, not failover-cluster (read above link for more). If someone else wants to pitch in on this, that's fine, but bear in mind that is something goes wrong on such a critical scenario like "failover", 3CX can't help, its a non-tested/non-supported scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.