• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Failover issues windows 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardMaxfield241

Reaction score
I recently setup a failover server on my network. There are a couple things I wanted to go over first. Now the prerequisites of the fail over server was to has 2 PRO license keys. I bought a PRO license key as instructed by the 3cx website and installed 3cx on my failover server. The instructions on setting up the failover server says to set up the Passive server with the exact same settings at the Active server. If I do so the Passive server has the same license key as the active. So why did I have to buy a second KEY?

Next is I has the failover working, however I cannot access the Web Management console except from their respected servers. I get a web server is not responding error.

Maybe I setup the Passive server wrong, the instructions are not very clear on the 3cx.com website as far as setting the Passive server up. I would like some more insight into this issue if at all possible.

Thanks

I should add that the Servers are in two differnt locations, however there is a VPN connecting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RTYYU908
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.