• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Failover or HA in Enterprise Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank86

Customer
Reaction score
New to 3CX. How does 3CX implement failover or high availability in its Enterprise edition?
Can it do real-time replication to a branch site or colocation?
If not, can it do automatic or manual failover o a branch site? How well does it work?
Thank you

Last edited:
With the Enterprise edition (single licence which support x2 activations) I would say it works a lot better.

There is a standard fail-over option with the PRO licence however it was a real nightmare to setup and although I did achieve it there was a lot to configure (Share between systems, Windows scripts, DNS etc).

This will cover a lot of what is required for the fail-over:https://www.3cx.com/docs/failover/ with an Enterprise licence. I have however given some additional points below:

* Ideally the environment should require SPLIT DNS:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/creating-fqdn-split-dns/

* 3CX Provided FQDN and SSL is mandatory.

* There is no Active/Active setup for 3CX failover. You can only configure it as active/ passive.

* The IP address setup should be static and configured accordingly in each PBX used.

* The Failover System will register at start-up the new IP address on your FQDN which is used for external devices to connect to (STUN, SBC, 3CXPhone, Presence).

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Can the passive host be located in a different WAN/branch office?

I think I found the answer in your link. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.