Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Fax Option

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IKWeb, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IKWeb

Hello

I notice 3CX has a fax option built in. I havent had much of a play with this but before i did wanted to know if there was a way that the system could dump an incoming fax to a network printer?

Many Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

NO, only to an email at the moment. You could go to the 3CX Facebook page and there is a feature request section.

3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

We use a program called "Automatic Email Manager" http://www.namtuk.com
    It uses pop3 and monitors a email account. It automatically prints any email that has a fax PDF attachment.
    Fairly inexpensive solutions for what you are looking for. We've used it for years works great!
    There is a trial you can download. PM me if you need help setting up

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IKWeb

Hi both

Thanks for the feedback, the fax to email sounds the best plan.

Can you send faxes via the system, or would you need a propper fax machine to send faxes, or could you do it via your PC / Mac?

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

3CX only supports receiving when used in conjunction with a provider and equipment that supports the t38 protocol. A small number of users have reported some success in getting outbound faxes to work, but these are seemingly the luckier ones. Do a forum & blog search and you can see the various issues and how some have worked through them. It is not a 3CX issue per se, as much as it is simply a technology issue that has to overcome a number of variables and obstacles. If you elect to try, do yourself a huge favor and stay with supported (recommended) devices and vendors (that support t38 and can fall back to g711).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.