3CX Fax Printer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by csa452, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csa452

Hello,

I've installed the 3CX fax server and set up a shared fax printer on my server. I am able to traverse to this printer from client workstations and connect to it, but when I open the fax console it says "All Fax Printers are Unavailable" and when I look in "Fax Printer Status" I see "Connection Error". I know that the fax printer is working because I'm able to send faxes from the server itself, just not the workstations. I know it's not a firewall issue because I've disabled the firewall as a test on both the client(s) and server, and I'm still getting the same thing. The account I'm using to access the shared printer is Administrator and should have full access to everything on the server.

Can anyone shed some light onto what I might try next? Unfortunately "Connection Error" is not helping me much and the Event Viewer doesn't have any relevant information.

Thanks

2. AdgTech

Check the Windows Event logs and let us know what they say re: the fax printer.

I don't think this is going to be a 3CX problem, but rather a Windows Fax error.

What OS are you using on the 3CX machine? Client machines? Are you using Windows Fax to accomplish this? Most likely, it's going to be a permissions issue within the Windows Fax service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.