• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Fax Sender Module - Fax Printer over Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

csa452

Reaction score
Hello,

We enabled the windows fax services on our 3CX server (windows server 2003), installed the 3CX fax server, and enabled internet printing. We then configured a test machine to use our shared fax printer over the internet (http://servername/printers/.fax). When we try to send a fax through this test machine by going to File --> Print on a document and selecting our shared fax printer, we get the normal fax wizard which asks for the recipient name and fax number, and then we hit Print and nothing happens. In the Fax Console there is nothing in "Outbox" or "Sent Items", and there are no errors or events listed in the Event Viewer on the test machine.

If I go to our 3CX server, there is nothing in the 3cx logs about an incoming fax. If I look in the event viewer on our server I see the following event from SYSTEM:

Code:
Document 42, [email protected] - Untitled - Notepad owned by Administrator was deleted on Fax.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

So basically, the server is seeing the print job come in but nothing is actually happening - it doesn't show up in the queue and it doesn't hand it off to the 3CX fax server.

The strange thing is that it DOES work fine if I go to File --> Print and use the Fax Printer locally from the server. I thought maybe it is some problem with the firewall, but we've disabled that completely and still no luck. Does anyone know if Fax over IPP is possible with 3CX and have any advice on getting it to work?

Thanks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.