3CX Fax Server and SPA 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyjduk, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyjduk

Can I send and receive faxes through a SPA3102 to a normal phone line and route it to the 3CX Fax Server? This phone line will be only used for fax and no voice calls. I want to get rid of my old fax machine and be able to get and send them via my computer.

I don’t send or receive that many faxes to justify spending a lot of money on it, but just need the functionality if I need it.

Want to be sure before I spend hours trying to configure it.

Thanks

2. lb9ve

I have not tested the exactly setup myself, but have use the SPA 3102 with 3cx. If you use this configuration: http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE, the setup should be faily simple.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try with this guide

http:/ /www.3cx.com/sip-phones/linksys-spa-3102-fax/ No longer available. New link: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

This is especially configured for fax because there are some jitter buffer adjustments and silence suppression settings that need to be taken into consideration when you deal with configuration of a fax device (to be used solely for fax purposes)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. garyjduk

Thanks - I'll post back with the result and if I have any problems.

5. bsabat

Hi,

I have the exact same need, so please tell me if it is working with this documentation.

Br
    Bertrand

6. JanW

I have used this guide a few days ago.
    It worked fine for me!

Regards,

jan

7. garyjduk

Just spent 5 hours trying to get this setup.

Can I just check that this correct as the guide doesn’t exactly say how to send the fax to the fax server in 3CX. This is from a normal telephone line and not through a VOIP provider.

I have setup a PSTN device and given it Port number 10002 and set it to Send fax to email of extension 88 Default FAX destination.

Do I also need an inbound rule for Port 10002 as well?

In the guide it talks about adding an extension? Is this needed in this scenario?

I can get my SPA3102 to register with Port 10002 and it shows Ringing in the info page of the SPA3102 but it doesn’t seem to get through to the virtual port of 3CX.

I’m going to factory reset the SPA3102 and try again but just wanted to check this.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.