3cx fax server email problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Casey, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casey

Hello everyone. Thanks for reading this post. I hope I can get some help about this as my 3CX partner and I have been trying to resolve the problem for almost 2 months now.

We have V11 running on Windows 7 Pro. It has been configured with our email server and address in the Settings / Mail Server tab. With the current setup we can send Welcome emails and also users can receive voice mails delivered to their email.

However the problem is when we send fax it does not get delivered. We can see that the fax transmission was successful.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated as this is the only issue that is holding us back from going live on the 3CX pbx.

I would also like to request SSL / TLS authentication as many service providers now require this.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Can you reproduce this and then paste the logs on here for us to look at?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Not that it will help with a resolution, but you might go to c:\program data\3CX\data\fax and search through the various folders and see if the fax made it to any of these or their respective subfolders. I am running the same version and OS, and do not experience the issue.

If there is nothing in the folders then the problem is that no viable fax was received (depsite what the sending machine may have indicated). Of particular interest will be the folder \program data\3cx\data\fax\sent. This is where the repository seems to be as the faxes I have received are still located in this one.....after sending.

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Who is your VoIP Provider? need to ensure they support T38

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.