• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Fax Server for UC560

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffm

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing our current Intertel phone system. We looked at 3CX but, unfortunately, it just didn't have the phone support that we wanted.

Anyway, I'm having a heck of a time trying to economically replace the inbound fax-to-email that the Intertel system currently handles. I'm contemplating using a small 3CX system as a dial peer to a Cisco UC560. The UC560 would just forward all calls to the fax DIDs to the 3CX server which would (as I understand it) convert the faxes to PDF and route them via e-mail to the proper users.

Has anyone tried anything like this? Is it even remotely feasible? If I purchase a support package with 3CX is this something that 3CX will help me get working?

Thanks for your help.

I would really recommend throwing away the UC560 and use only the phones you might have (Cisco/Linskys SPAxxx ?) with 3CX system. You will have much less limitations and far more functionality with minimum efforts.

Regards

I wish I could but there's no support for the Cisco 6900's, 7900's, 8900's, or the 9971. Those are the phones the company chose so my choices were limited to UC500, CME, or CM. Anyway, I don't want to turn this thread into a comparison of Cisco and 3CX. I just want to get my faxes working, and I would love to do it with 3CX if possible. :D

Not necessary. I tried the UC series, sold several, I must confess later versions are much better. However I'm not satisfied.
All these proprietary Cisco phones (79xx, new 69xx) are originally intended to use H.323 protocol and therefore they work satisfactory in a proprietary Cisco environment. Using them as open standard SIP phones is definitely a challenge, not only with 3CX.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.