• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX fax server - not sending email

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgi0

New User
Reaction score
hi there

I setup my faxserver and used it for a few month now.

suddenly it stopped sending to my email the PDF files like it used to.

we did not change anything, fax is receiving correctly and reporting back to the other side OK status.

we have lost also this way a few fax messages.

1. how can i fix this

2. where are these lost faxes stored?

thanks

George

here is the log from inside 3CX attached as text file

88 is my fax server extension and 25 is the extension to send out fax from my multifunction laser machine

====

Attachments

• fax log.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 17
Hello @georgi0

The folder for Faxes is C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Fax\Faxes for windows and /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Fax/Faxes for linux.
Check there and see if the Faxes are actually arriving. Do emails work on the system? Can you receive a welcome email for example?

thanks. i found out i had issues with my regular email and SSL new setup.
i used gmail and problem was solved.

thanks.

however, all fax between period are lost. (not stored in location you provided)

The location is for Faxes that were successfully received. If the fax was received by the PBX then the Fax would be in one of those folders depending if the PBX was successful is sending it or not. If the Fax is not in one of those folders then the fax was not successfully received by the PBX (or were deleted by someone).
Glad to see that the email is now working. I would recommend keeping a eye on the issue and let us know if you have any more issues with this so we can take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.