• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Fax Server not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsossonko

Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to get the 3CX fax server to email faxes sent to the fax DID number (which is registered with Callcentric) but it just connects briefly and then disconnects. Even if I call the number directly with a cell phone, it connects and then immediately disconnects, no fax tone.

I then tried to create another Fax Server in 3CX but it won't allow me to check OR uncheck the box that specifies this extension is a 3CX Fax Server.

I'm running 3CX on IIS.

Please help me. I've tried doing the whole NAT setup mentioned here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/fax-nat-traversal/ to no avail, so I restored all the settings back to what they were.

Absolutely same issue with my 3CX (Small business edition installed on Win7 system in house).
All other functions are available (10 Extensions, Sipgate.de Trunk 10 Lines). It works fine, just fax won't.

Actually, setup of fax receiving shall be easy:
1. Decide which DID is to receive faxes
2. Select "Send fax to - Extension email xxx
3. Finish

My 3CX Version: 10.0.24018.2322

Anybody can help us?

Look in the server event log.

go to the the system services and do a stop and start of the fax services and then look in the event log (not the activity log) and see if there might be an error code associated to the fax.

The description for Event ID '1073741824' in Source '3CXFAXSrv' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'Service procedure completed with code 0

What that means?

The 3Cx fax server is based on T38 standard and requires a compatible T38 VoIP gateway or provider. You might find more information at: http://www.3cx.com/blog/tag/fax

My provider (sipgate.de) supports T38 Fax standard.
Routing to our external DELL Fax machine works (incomming faxes are now routed to extension and then forwarded to external number).
But i need that 3CX accept incomming faxes and send it to extension email.

OK, I have the same error...unfortunately, I was hoping you would too. I have 3CX dialing into my system shortly to take a look. Will advise.

PS, has nothing to do with t.38.

We are currently slated for them to look on Monday AM.

From Callcentric (my voip provider):

What we are seeing is that the call is connecting normally and your 3CX is reINVITEing the call with T.38, the call is then connecting with T.38 as it should, then we receive a BYE packet from you in the same second that the call connected. From what I can tell the call appears to connect properly, we do not know why your 3CX dropped the call.

Did they find anything?

What version and edition of 3cx?

Version 10, 3CX Pro Edition for 16 sim. calls.

I've got the identical problem. Pro 8 Version 10 SP6... redirects to FAX ext. but goes busy after 1-2 seconds. Anxious to know if you get a fix.

I wanted to know the version so as to be clear that what worked for me may not be applicable for others. My issue started with v11. 3CX dialed in and looked at the logs, the templates, the advanced settings, ip settings, updates, etc. I had all configured according to the blogs and use nexVortex with a DID conditioned with T38. The DID points to the in-built 3CX fax server which them emails the fax. It turns out that in my case and with V11, using the blog set- up to accommodate the NAT traversal is not needed. As soon as they reverted the .cfg files (templates) back to neutral, the fax started to work. I swear I thought I had tried this earlier, but I must have been mistaken.

I have a client running v10 reporting what may be the same, but not sure yet. Will look into and advise.

On the fax event trace log I am getting this error with every fax:

---- Error (Nai #01) ------------------
Error reported thru T38__SET_CONFIG_CO (nai = 1)
error source = (238) FOIP__START_ERR_SRC__T38_SESSION_CONFIG, Process: Session Configuration of T.38 entity (T38__SET_CONFIG_RQ (T38__SESSION_CNF))

error code = (111) T38__CFG_ERR_T38_CAP__2_FAX_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE, T38__cap__fax_max_buffer_size < T38__cap__max_datagram_size
-----------------------------------------

After which the call is promptly closed.

First question - have you ever had the fax server functioning? Just curious if this may have suddenly quit working or an initial attempt.
Second - do you have a virgin copy of the fax template files?

If so, I would start by replacing the modified files with virgin and stop and start the fax services and look at error. I would then modify the files accordingly as suggested in the blogs and do the same stop/start again and check the logs. Finally, I would look at the line for either t38 is udp or t38 is udp_tcp and try toggling between the two. I do not know what callcentric requires, but if you do, then set accordingly. I am guessing that perhaps one of the files may have become corrupted. This happened to me on my first attempt to set up, I did not know it at the time, but it was due to me apparently hitting a key while configuring that messed things up.

A Wireshark capture and looking at the flow (telephony) might also help shed light.

Mine never worked. I tried all your solutions (fist with the virgin files, then with the modified one's) but nothing, it will not work.

A wireshark capture appears to be the only way to get enough info to see, that along with your logs. Cn you post?

Since the logs were complaining about the fax max buffer being less than the fax max datagram size I wiresharked and captured the information that is being sent by my provider. It seems, for my connection, that Callcentric is sending the following:

a=T38FaxMaxDatagram:316
a=T38FaxMaxBuffer:72

To which 3CX complains (and closes the connection):

---- Error (Nai #01) ------------------
Error reported thru T38__SET_CONFIG_CO (nai = 1)
error source = (238) FOIP__START_ERR_SRC__T38_SESSION_CONFIG, Process: Session Configuration of T.38 entity (T38__SET_CONFIG_RQ (T38__SESSION_CNF))
error code = (111) T38__CFG_ERR_T38_CAP__2_FAX_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE, T38__cap__fax_max_buffer_size < T38__cap__max_datagram_size
-----------------------------------------

Does anyone know why that would happen? I haven't done anything that should cause this and I know this works properly for another PBX in my company (where the sizes are sent correctly from Callcentric).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.