• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx fax server windows 2008 sbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

michel

Reaction score
I've got problems installing the 3cx fax server on windows 2008 sbs server 64 bit.

I've installed the fax server role first on the server, no problems.
Then I want to try to install the 3cx fax server, clicking next, accepting default install folder.

And then i'm supposed to fill in the 3cx phone system ip, on default it's filled in with 127.0.0.1 and that's correct, because the 3cx system is on the same server as where i want to install the fax server. After clicking on next i got the following error:
"Error: The connection to the host has failed"

Filling the ip adress or hostname of the server gives the same error.

i'm ussing 3cx 7.0

I've got the same problem installing Fax-server on a Windows Server 2003-64bit, but in my case is the 3CX server on a different machine. The odd thing is that the manual http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual71.pdf to "leave the port default at 5487." Well, there was no such default port setting when I installed the 3CX server, and it's not possible to change the default port setting to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.