3CX Fax Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netarch, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netarch

Hi all,

I'm new to 3CX Phone System. I am testing with a ver7 system and so far, I have configured 3 extensions using 3CX VOIP Soft Phone to test calls internally. I would like to inquire more info regarding 3CX Fax Server.

1. can we run the 3CX Fax Server on a Windows XP Pro machine? Or it can only work on a Windows 2003 or 2008 Server machine?
    2. from the 3CX Phone System manual, it seems that an email address is required for received faxes to be directed to it, and to send faxes, a Microsoft Fax Server is required. If customer does not have an in-house email system or uses those hosted or web email systems, can the 3CX Fax Server support the inbound/outbound faxing requirement?

Also, can we access the 3CX Management Console remotely via the Internet on this URL: http://localhost:5481/MainForm.wgx (as accessed locally on the Phone System machine)?

Appreciate very much your help.

Thanks & regards,
    Ian

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Ian,

Maybe it your case it would be easier to use a T38 ATA, such as a Linksys 3102 and connect it to a fax machine. That way you get auto print and also outbound fax via a regular fax machine.

You can of course access the console remotely via the internet, but you have to open the ports and organize port forwarding - port publishing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netarch

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. Chris has also replied same questions in my email last week. I think I understand fully now how 3CX Fax Server works with Windows Fax Service, just need to test it out now.

Regards,
    Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.