3CX fax server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cynthia Slade, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia Slade

If I have 5 DID's can I set each up as a fax to email using the 3CX built in fax service? I have been trying to do this in V11 in testing and am not succeeding. Is there a 1 incoming fax line limit? To do multiple lines do I need hardware/fax machines? Thanks for any information.. Cindy

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You did not indicate how the DIDs are delivered -PSTN, Sip???? How delivered is important as this determines how the system should be set-up. You should be able to do, and assuming SIP, did you modify the fax template? If not, go to the blog and search for fax configuration. It will guide you through the changes required. .

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When I hear DID, I automatically assume PRI, SIP, or perhaps BRI, but since PSTN trunks are only able to route (within 3CX) based on the trunk and not the number dialled, they don't qualify as DID's

What is the issue you are having? Does it not work at all, does it work with one call up but not when a second call comes in? Does your provider support t.38 ? Using the Demo code , you will only be able to have two incoming calls (of any type) connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.