3CX Fax with SPA-112

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jfdelacruz17, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfdelacruz17

Hi,

We've had our 3CX system up and running for a few months now with a few minor problems. Now we're moving on to doing fax through 3CX. I'm looking for help in configuring this properly as we are getting nowhere on our own and with no support (company we bought the system from sucks).

Our setup is this:

3 PSTN lines from telco -> GXW-4104 -> Network Switch -> 3CX Server and SPA-112
    SPA-112 -> Analog Fax Machine (an old Brother unit)

We only have 1 PSTN line with Fax enabled (line 1). Right now we are able to call the fax machine from our internal IP phones and from the outside. We have not been able to receive a fax yet and we are unable to make outgoing calls from the fax machine.

Any ideas what may be the problem?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I personally would run the analog line directly to the fax machine, what your doing is hit or miss depending upon 101 variables for every fax/ata/pbx combination.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Brothers in general do not seem reliable for Fax over IP.
    I have however had pretty good luck using a Grandstream HT-70x model for a Fax Adapter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bardissi

bardissi Member

I agree with the notion that fax over ip especially using G711 and T.38 doesnt work consistently well .

The only thing that seems to work well over and over again is fax over https not going through the 3cx system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.