3CX Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Anyone tried 3CX fax on analog phone then received a soft copy of the fax to email?

The goal is to Receive a Fax to analog and the same time receive a soft copy of that to a specific email.

Thanks,

STASH

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Have use Patton SN4112 and 4114 gateways in their fax-to-e-mail receive mode. These work well, but due to the fact that the gateway is 'answering' the analogue line, and due to the 'negotiated' nature of fax' - I don't think you are going to have the ability to have the fax answered at two devices.

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I dont think there is a way for any fax system to receive both a soft copy and send to a fax machine unless the fax machine can email.

Your other alternative (as I guess you want a printout in a central place too) is to have the email "picked up" by a pc and printed to that central place. There are some plugins for outlook etc that do that and some are free. I have never used them but I am sure an internet search would show up something

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

OK got an idea. thanks for the response guys.

Thanks,

STASH

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It is impossible to fork the receipt of a fax because it's a 2-way communication. You can however have a machine running an app that checks an IMAP mailbox and prints all new messages to a local printer, better yet, look into using a printer that supports Google Print, you can have the e-mail from the 3CX fax go to a distribution list that includes normal mailboxes and use the app to automatically print to the printer. We have Epson NX430 connected via WiFi all over the offices to do just that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.