• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone tried 3CX fax on analog phone then received a soft copy of the fax to email?

The goal is to Receive a Fax to analog and the same time receive a soft copy of that to a specific email.

Thanks,

STASH

Have use Patton SN4112 and 4114 gateways in their fax-to-e-mail receive mode. These work well, but due to the fact that the gateway is 'answering' the analogue line, and due to the 'negotiated' nature of fax' - I don't think you are going to have the ability to have the fax answered at two devices.

Best regards

I dont think there is a way for any fax system to receive both a soft copy and send to a fax machine unless the fax machine can email.

Your other alternative (as I guess you want a printout in a central place too) is to have the email "picked up" by a pc and printed to that central place. There are some plugins for outlook etc that do that and some are free. I have never used them but I am sure an internet search would show up something

Hi,

OK got an idea. thanks for the response guys.

Thanks,

STASH

It is impossible to fork the receipt of a fax because it's a 2-way communication. You can however have a machine running an app that checks an IMAP mailbox and prints all new messages to a local printer, better yet, look into using a printer that supports Google Print, you can have the e-mail from the 3CX fax go to a distribution list that includes normal mailboxes and use the app to automatically print to the printer. We have Epson NX430 connected via WiFi all over the offices to do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.