3CX Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joshhough, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshhough

Hi,

I've got a property where i've installed a 3cx system with a Patton gateway. The patton has 1 free input left.

The issue is the clients fax machine. At the moment he is only able to receive certain faxes and can not send to all numbers; i think this might be partly user error as every number i have tried before has worked fine.

That aside, i need to 'Do something' so i was contemplating using the 3CX system to receive the incoming faxes - would that work with the Patton gateway i have (Patton SN4114/JO/EUI 4 Port FXO VoIP/ToIP Gateway)? If yes, is there then a way i can send faxes through 3CX sort of using one of the fax machine interfaces? Which i guess would be an option but he might be unwilling to spend the money.

Thanks,

Josh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Faxing through 3CX (an actual fax machine) can be tricky. Both the gateway and the ATA, that the fax machine is connected, to must be able to handle t.38, and be set up correctly. . You can try it, but is can sometimes come down to the make of fax machine you are using. Lowering the fax speed, if possible, can help. Give it a go, but If there are existing PSTN lines, you might just consider connecting the fax machine directly to one.

3CX will receive faxes and convert them to emails.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Leejor is 100% correct I've used an ATA with no issues other times it was not worht the hassle. As standard polity we suggest clients go with analog line directly to the fax, or some type of efax solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

If you configure your ATA correctly (and we endorse the Grandstream HT701) you will have no problem. You can even fax extension to extension (ATA-ATA). Select T38 but allow PCMU as fallback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.