3CX Feature List

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jaymei, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaymei

Hi Guys,

Quick question, in v14 free version, was call recording included?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Jaymei

Quick answer, Yes it was

3. Jaymei

OK then, just asking as colleague stated this and mentioned that there were a lot of other features made "pay to use" in the new version locking people out of what was previously free. Understandable why, a business needs to make money however as one of the only viable windows PBX systems on the market I would have liked to see 3CX offering a different solution with less concurrent calls and 1 trunk.
    The guy that told me about this used 3CX at home rather than a traditional phone setup as he liked the recording feature, logs and a variety of other things the system done for free. On the back of this he often recommended 3CX to companies and other people due to the free feature set, ease of use and scale-able option of the system.

I assume that the features were locked to make people pay for the standard license and if possible sell them on the "ease of use" and PBX Express to get a subscription for maintenance and support?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Version V15 offers more concurrent calls (8) and one trunk for free. It also offers a free FQDN and DNS and free SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt for a year and free webmeeting. Things you could not get with V14. It's just different.

5. Jaymei

Yes but I was also stating that these thing (DNS, SSL) are free for 1 year if done via 3CX and then need a maintenance subscription to maintain. Just seems more monetary than before which obviously is good for 3CX but the previous model was very nice to tech enthusiasts who would set it up with most features working and show to friends who show to more friends etc. That's how I got 7 companies to buy the product - I used it from version 9 personally and at version 11 I sold to companies.
    It was just a thought but I suppose times change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.