Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX features questions.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A lot of "how" these functions will work will depend on what telephone sets you are using. And yes, you've asked a LOT of questions.
    #1. yes, depends on the phone
    #2 should work but haven't tried that scenario. If the DR has a number, I can't see why not
    #3 You can change the destination through you computer
    #4 & 5 office hours are set for the whole office at this time
    #6 yes they can, again, depends on the set
    #7 has to be done with a computer, I believe it can be modified by the user

If I'm incorrect on any of these, someone else please jump in.

2. callworth

#1. We have a lot of phones and among them are the Polycom IP650, Linksys 942 and Aastra 57i. This is possible with all of those models for us.
    #2. Yes. Every digital receptionist is given a 'virtual extension number'. So what you do is perform a blind transfer to that virtual extension.
    #3. Depending on the phone (all of the models I listed above work) you can set the forward on the phone. You can also set it from the MyPhone User Portal (accessible from either the 3CX Assistant software or from the http://serverIP/myphone if you are using IIS or http://serverIP:5481/myphone if you are using Cassini) or as you said from the 3CX Management Console.
    #4 & #5. By default the extensions will use the global office hours settings. However for each extension you can go to the Forwarding Rules tab, set it to Advanced and select custom hours. Those hours will be a per rule, per extension setting. I don't know of any way to control this on the phone though. However the user can do this using the MyPhone User Portal I referenced in my answer to number 3.
    #6. Yes, you can use any of the phones I previously listed to conference in a third caller. If you are looking for the full conference service (which will let you conference in up to 32 people) you'll dial 700 (if you have 4 digit extension numbers it would 7000. You can change this number by going into the Advanced Settings and the Conference tab), you'll be asked to enter a conference ID number, that can be any number you want (just make sure that all subsequent callers use that same number). From there it's pretty straight forward just follow the prompts. To give outside callers access to the conference service you have a couple of options: (1) assign a DID to go to extension 700 (2) Set a Digital Receptionist option to go to extension 700.
    #7. Each phone can blacklist up to 15 numbers which can be edited from the MyPhone User Portal. If you blacklist a number the caller will simply get a busy signal. If you want to forward calls from certain numbers to voicemail or another extension you can go into the Forwarding Rules tab of the extension 111 (this can be done from the 3CX Management Console or the MyPhone User Console) and create a new rule that uses "Based on Caller ID" that goes to anywhere you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.