3CX for Android 12.5.26 on SM-G900F 4.4.2

Discussion in 'Android' started by hamish.fenn, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamish.fenn

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: [Samsung S5 SM-G900F]
    Firmware Version: [Android 4.4.2]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [3cx Android Client]
    Contacts: [Exchange]
    Connection: [WiFi and 3G and 4G]
    Server: [Internal and External] Ver 12 web

Hello,
    I am a IT Engineer with my own 3cx and have sold 6 into clients so far.
    One of the issues I have is around the regular disconnection of my android from my 3cx.
    I have been trying to see a pattern in the disconnects (i.e. every time i leave/return to the office) but cannot pin it down.
    The fix is quick and easy, open 3cx on android, see it is disconnected, close active app, start app again and it reconnects fine.
    I need to do this 15 - 20 time a day to stay online.
    I have tried changing keep alives and timeouts with no success. i never seem to get an "error" it just disconnects.
    Local and remote desk phones and soft phones never miss a beat, only our mobiles.
    I assume it is something to do with the wireless/cellular/3G/4G switching.
    Do you know of anything I can tweek to keep it alive and more stable.
    I have an install for a client in a few days and they are keen to use mac and androids in place of desk phones but I am a little nervous of there phone doing the same and them missing calls.

Any help gratefully accepted,
    Regards,
    hamish

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the 3CX phone when using 3/4G? Wifi is a different altogether especially if you are moving between hotspots, loose the signal, etc.

Locally, I rarely keep my 4G connection active unless I am actually using it, however, when travelling, if I pick up a Data only SIM I do leave the 3CX phone connected at all times. I'm not using the S5, but another Samsung model, a bit older. I have found, from time to time when checking the phone, that 3CX was no longer registered. I assumed that either the provider had some sort of time-out, or, the phone was going into some sort of power saving mode. The time between this happening varied a lot depending on the provider/country. I recall being on the Vodafone network in the UK one day the 3CX app did not disconnect once. The O2 network on Germany was pretty good , as i recall, but it still did "drop" on occasion. I'm not sure if there is a guaranteed solution that will fix this once and for all.

Re-registration time can be reduced, but you don't want to take it too low.

3. hamish.fenn

Hi Leejor,
    Thanks for the quick response,
    Yes in nz we have only a few 4g spots so the phone regularly swaps between protocols.
    I will have a play with re-reg time,
    Cheers,
    hamish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.