Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx for Android fails to register

Discussion in 'Android' started by fgasimzade, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fgasimzade

Hello everyone!

I have configured a static NAT on ASA, trying to get the 3cx work with Cisco call manager. Everything worked fine with VPN from the phone to corporate LAN. Now I decided to try register 3cx without a VPN.

The thing is that I have configured everything and tried connecting from a Windows Machines with 3cx, everything works fine, I can call etc. I configured my 3cx profile with Local PBX IP and proxy. Trying to do the same on Android - it does not register

Any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Everything else being equal (all of the settings are correct), there is no real reason why the 3CX Windows phone would work from one site, and the android version would not. I'm assuming that this is being attempted over WiFi from the same network as the Windows Version.

Have you tried using the Android phone from any other locations? The only thing that I could see possibly being a problem would be a port conflict, or some sort of router issue. Moving the Android phone elsewhere would eliminate that as a possible issue.

If there is any way to view (Wireshark), incoming registration attempts at the PBX end, that would be the best way to troubleshoot.

3. fgasimzade

Yes, the same Wifi (internet) connection. I tried using 3G, the same result, does not register. I can make calls from Windows at the same time

Double checked the configuration - I use Local PBX and Proxy.

Will try wireshark tomorrow

Thank you!

4. fgasimzade

Do you know which settings on 3cx for Android I should use with proxy? Should I configure Internal PBX IP, External and Proxy?

I have found one suggestion in this forum to leave Internal PBX empty, fill in local ip address into the External field, External Ip address into the proxy and check Out of office checkbox. Did not help though

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You only require the proxy settings if you are going to pass through a proxy server. If you are at a "remote" location, not on the local LAN, then you should be using the "out of Office" settings. This allows you put in the Public IP (or equivalent) of the router that the PBX is behind. You also have to put in the local IP of the PBX along with the applicable port(s). I have always put in the internal IP of the PBX, I suppose that if port forwarding was set-up properly in the router, it really should not be needed, but I can't see that it would hurt being there.

You may wish to try getting the Android phone to work on the local LAN first..."I am in the office" settings. Then work on getting it to work from outside. Both set-ups can be left in and switched back and forth as required.

You may need to enable STUN server settings for proper remote operation, or registration may be attempted using the remote private IP, this may result in audio problems.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/3cxphone/android/configuring/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.